Wellbeing is a huge part of our schooling life.
As a school, we take mental health and wellbeing very seriously and we are leading the way in highlighting this area.
We are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils and staff. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self-esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
We will be starting a Happiness Journal with children across the school to help them focus on what it means to be 'happy' and being grateful for the things we have.
It is key to our emotional wellbeing that we have a strong spiritual link with our Creator Allah(swt). We have planned our assemblies and PSHE curriculum around this to ensure the children and staff are supported with their spiritual wellbeing also.