Teachers: Ustadha Naeela (Mon-Tues) and Ustadha Sonya (Wed-Fri)
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatahu,
Here you can find the latest information on the exciting topics we are learning about, homework, trips, PE days, special visitors and much more.
PE for Year 6 takes place on Thursdays.
Please ensure your child wears their PE uniform and black trainers on this day.
We will notify you of any trips very soon.
Our topic for Autumn 1 is DINOSAURS & FOSSILS.
In this topic we will learn about:
- Fossils & the process of fossilisation.
- The work of palaeontologists and palaeoartists.
- Making and Excavating fossils.
- Different family groups of dinosaurs.
- Dinosaur footprints and eggs.
- Timeline of the dinosaurs.
- Project work on dinosaur art.
- Extinction of dinosaurs.
- Short documentary making, filming and editing of a day in the life of dinosaurs.
About year 6's homework: Year 6 are given various types of homework to consolidate their learning in school. We would really appreciate your help and cooperation in supporting your child with their homework.
- Weekly- Children get weekly Qur'an memorisation, reading, spelling and maths homework. Arabic homework will be given as and when needed.
- Half termly- Children will be given a homework grid every half term, which corresponds with activities and tasks to do related to their current topic. The children can choose when to do their tasks but do remind them every now and then, so they don't rush it during the last weekend.
- Holidays- Children will get a piece of homework to do over the holidays to prepare them for the next topic.
Homework Choice Board:
Abacus website: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/start
Coding games for kids: https://www.stem.org.uk/news-and-views/opinions/five-top-games-make-coding-easier
Coding game, SCRATCH: https://scratch.mit.edu/
Horrible Histories: https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/shows/horrible-histories#episodes
Dinosaurs & Fossils: