Teachers: Ustadha Naeela (Friday) and Ustadha Sonya (Mon-Thur)
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatahu,
Here you can find the latest information on the exciting topics we are learning about, homework, trips, PE days, special visitors and much more.
As a whole school we have been focusing on well-being and helping children to settle back into school comfortably and happily.
PE for Year 6 takes place on WEDNESDAYS.
Please ensure your child wears their PE uniform and black trainers on this day.
This is dependent on Cov-19 restrictions and precautions
Our topic for Autumn 1 is WONDERFUL WALES
In this topic we will learn about:
- traditional stories of Wales
- create stories and poems about Welsh nature
Famous Welsh Authors.
- daffodils and other weird and wonderful Welsh flora and fauna
to classify animals and plants in groups.
Welsh vocabulary, numbers and conversation.
- Welsh traditions and cultures
- Welsh landscapes, appreciating Allah’s creation.
Looking at coordinates & quadrants to locate the famous landmarks in Cardiff.
Study the art of Owain Glyndwr
Landscape and nature drawing.
About year 6's homework: Year 6 are given various types of homework to consolidate their learning in school. We would really appreciate your help and cooperation in supporting your child with their homework. Homework will be set ONLINE.
- Weekly- Children get weekly Qur'an memorisation, reading, spelling and maths homework. Arabic homework will be given as and when needed.
- Half termly- Children will be given a homework grid every half term, which corresponds with activities and tasks to do related to their current topic. The children can choose when to do their tasks but do remind them every now and then, so they don't rush it during the last weekend.
- Holidays- Children will get a piece of homework to do over the holidays to prepare them for the next topic.
Homework Choice Board:
Homework Choice Board for Guardians of the Planet :
Abacus website: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/start
Coding games for kids: https://www.stem.org.uk/news-and-views/opinions/five-top-games-make-coding-easier
Coding game, SCRATCH: https://scratch.mit.edu/
Horrible Histories: https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/shows/horrible-histories#episodes
Facts and information https://www.theschoolrun.com/homework-help/wales
Craft all about Wales https://www.activityvillage.co.uk/wales
Welsh language https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zw9wy4j