Asalaam alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatahu, welcome to........
Teachers: Ustadha Sonya (Monday-Friday) & Ustadha Naeela (Tuesday)
Here you can find the latest information on the exciting topics we are learning about, homework, trips, PE days, special visitors and much more.
As a whole school we have been focusing on well-being and helping children to settle back into school comfortably and happily.
PE for Year 6 will take place on Tuesdays.
Please ensure your child wears their PE uniform and black trainers on this day.
Visit BBC Wales
Visit to school from Journalist
Our topic for Summer Term 1 is The World of Media. They will be learning the following:
- Learn how to write a newspaper article
- Analyse and study local and recent news events.
- Learn about the history of Media.
- Role of Social Media
Year 6 are given various types of homework to consolidate their learning in school. We would really appreciate your help and cooperation in supporting your child with their homework. Homework will be set ONLINE and in their HOMEWORK BOOKS.
- Weekly- Children get weekly Qur'an memorisation, reading, spelling and Maths homework. Arabic homework will be given as and when needed.
- Half termly- Children will be given a homework grid every half term, which corresponds with activities and tasks to do related to their current topic. The children can choose when to do their tasks but do remind them every now and then, so they don't rush it during the last weekend.
- Holidays- Children will get a piece of homework to do over the holidays to prepare them for the next topic.
Homework Choice Board
- Understanding Media https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zyg2xbk/articles/zxqbvwx
- What is fake news? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Cd9-eJ-No
- What are features of a newspaper? https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/z2yycdm/articles/z2gk9qt
- Stay safe online https://www.nspcc.org.uk/keeping-children-safe/online-safety/social-media/