Teachers Ustada Sonya and Ustada Shumaila
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi barakatuh!
Welcome to the Year 5 webpage!
We are committed to the safety and well-being of all our children! We hope to deliver an enjoyable experience in year 5; one they will remember for years to come!
Please do visit this page often to keep in touch with your child's learning. Here you can find the latest information on the exciting topics we are learning about, homework, trips, PE days, special visitors and much more.
Physical Education (PE)
PE for Year 5 takes place on Tuesday
Please ensure your child wears suitable clothing for PE eg: of joggers and trainers on this day.
Our topic for Autumn 2 'Heroes and Villains'
In this topic we will be learning about the following...
- children will learn about heroes and villains from different periods of history,
- What their motives, beliefs and how they they changed the world.
- At the heart of this project children write persuasively in the form of reports and letters, and learn additional skills in writing their own speech.
- They will learn about the prophets speech and content
- Present day Heroes and Villains
- Muslim Heroes including prophet Muhammed
Year 5 are given various types of homework to consolidate their learning in school. We would really appreciate your help and cooperation in this.
- Weekly- Children get weekly Qur'an memorisation, reading, spelling and maths homework. Arabic homework will be given as and when needed.
- Half termly- Children will be given a homework grid every half term (see below), which corresponds with activities and tasks to do related to their current topic. The children can choose when to do their tasks but do remind them every now and then, so they don't rush it during the last weekend.
- Holidays- Children will get a piece of homework to do over the holidays to prepare them for the next topic.
HOMEWORK CHOICE BOARD
Information about school trips / guests will be published in due course.
LINK TO WEBSITES TO HELP WITH LEARNING
We thank you for your continuous support!